Sole Fitness Sets the Standard for Quality and Durability
I’ve been impressed with every Sole elliptical I’ve been on since they hit the market. This company is totally focused on building quality machines that are extremely durable. That is why they offer an industry leading warranty that includes 5-year parts and 2-year labor coverage on their E35/E95 models.
We visited their corporate headquarters last September and discovered some features that make the Sole Elliptical one of the best values in their price range.
Below are some of the best ellipticals for the price. Includes FREE shipping.
Sole Elliptical E35 – $1,399 (Rated a Best Buy elliptical)
Sole Elliptical E55 – $1,499
Sole Elliptical E95 – $1,799
Sole Elliptical E95S – $2,199
Sole Elliptical E98 – $2,499
Sole Elliptical E25 – $999
Sole SC200 Stepper – $899
1. Adjustable Incline — This feature is similar to the inclines you find on treadmills. Being able to change the incline offers important benefits.
2. New! – Adjustable Footpedals — This allows you to adjust your machine for the perfect fit for your body, which in turn reduces your risk of:
3. Heavy Flywheel — Previously when I tested the Sole elliptical, I immediately noticed how smooth the elliptical motion was. This can be attributed to the heavy 25-30 lb. flywheel. At the same time I tested several Horizon and ProForm ellipticals and the difference was like night and day. Of course, these are cheaper machines, but in this case you get what you pay for.
4. 20″ Elliptical Stride — I particularly liked the 20″ stride length, which is longer than most ellipticals. I am 5’8″, and it seemed very comfortable. When I tried a Horizon with a 16″ stride, it felt awkward and constraining.
Note: If you are under 5’3″ you may find the 20″ stride too long.
5. Solid and Stable Feel — All the sole ellipticals are heavy and sturdy machines with no rocking motion. There are several reasons why.
6. Built-in Speakers — The speakers may not impress true audiophiles, but it’s convenient to have a sound system with the apex focused directly at you. You can plug-in your MP3 or iPod players and rock out while burning calories and getting in shape on your sole elliptical.
I have two criticisms that are minor issues in comparison to the overall quality of the components and engineering.
7. Bluetooth Fitness Tracking – Sole recently introduced Bluetooth capability for their updated 2016 models. So far, this feature is only available on a few of the models, but we fully expect all of the models to transition over to this soon. With this feature, the machine communicates with your smart device via a FREE Sole Fitness app to help you track your workout stats. The ellipticals are also compatible with other popular fitness tracking apps you may already be using.
Sole has an excellent reputation for their ellipticals and like their treadmills the elliptical trainers have the best warranty in their price range. They are rated a “Best Buy” by several reputable sources, and are used by the Hilton chain for in-room fitness. The length of their warranty is a reflection on the quality of their machines. To offer that kind of extensive warranty on an elliptical that has service problems would literally put the company out of business.
I recently spoke with a Dick’s Sporting Goods sales rep which elliptical brand was their best seller. He immediately took me over to a nice line up of Sole Elliptical Trainers. I asked why they were the best sellers and his response was:
“Try the other ellipticals and get on the Sole, the difference in quality is obvious.”
Responsive Customer Service
What is equally important is Sole Fitness has an excellent reputation for customer service. Since I have been reviewing their ellipticals and treadmills, I have received no complaints about their customer service. That is rare. In addition, I have only gotten one email regarding a minor technical problem. This is what I would consider a strong endorsement on the products and the company.
The Sole Elliptical Trainers are definitely one of the better values in the $1,000-$2,000 price range.
See the Sole Elliptical Trainer Review Video.
*This Sole Elliptical Trainer Review is based on not only on product testing, but also comments, testimonials, reviews and ratings of customers, and third parties. We attempt to be as accurate as possible. Warranties, features and prices can change without notice.